Dr. Julius Hibbert is the most trusted doctor in Springfield. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, instead of Hollywood Upstairs Medical College like Dr.Nick.
He's had many trendy hairstyles over the years, and his life parallels Dr. Cliff Huxtable's in many ways, including a crop of kids and a love of loud sweaters.
|"Not that I'm angry, but how did you get my home number?"|
He's been with The Simpsons since the day he found out the reason why Marge was throwing up every morning.
|"If I didn't know better, I'd swear he was trying to moon us."|
He's a Stonecutter, a member of the Republican party, he's in Mensa, and he may or may not be practicing medicine without a license. But he's mostly known for handing out "Wowwipops," and laughing at inappropriate times.
Here are a few of my favorite Dr. Hibbert moments:
|"You have 24 hours to live. Well... 22, sorry I kept you waiting so long."|
|"Oh, I thought they were playing The Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight! |
|"Remember your Hippopotamus oath!"|
Dr.Hibbert is one of the best recurring minor characters, and he's always been there for the Simpsons when they needed him most. Now with this recipe, you can make your own Wowwipops, to hand out while laughing inappropriately.
Dr. Hibbert's Wowwipops
- Lollipop mold
- Lollipop sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extract of your choice (raspberry, cherry, vanilla, coconut, banana, etc.)
- Food coloring
- Prepare your molds by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray and placing the lollipop sticks into the molds.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water and place over medium-high heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then brush down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, insert a candy thermometer.
- Allow to boil, without stirring, until candy reaches 225 degrees Fahrenheit, or when the mixture starts to look a little golden.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to sit until it stops bubbling.
- Stir in the extract of your choice, and a couple of drips of food coloring (it will bubble up, so be careful).
- Carefully pour or spoon the mixture into the mold cavities, making sure to cover the back of the stick.
- Allow to cool completely, and remove once hardened.
- You can wrap them by placing in a clear treat bag or ziplock bag without the zipper, and then tie a ribbon around the bottom. Wilton sells kits you can use.
- Store Lollipops individually wrapped, in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to a month.
- Have a Wowwipop.
|This recipe is Lisa Friendly.|