Martin Prince Jr. is Springfield Elementary's resident genius, narc, and all around teacher's pet.
He also represented Finland in the mock United Nations (not NOW Martin!!).
He's pretty condescending towards his fellow classmates:
But he did rescue Bart from getting beaten up, by welcoming him into the refuge of the damned.
Everyone is immediately charmed by Santa's Little Helper, and Mrs.Krabappel even gives him the cookies Martin made for her.
After Martin demands that the geode he brought in for Show and Tell be acknowledged, Bart puts Santa's Little Helper in the coat room.
Now you too can make your own batch of Raisin Roundies!
Martin's Raisin Roundies
Makes about 24 cookies
- 1 cup rum
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine rum and raisins. Heat on medium heat until boiling.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and continue to beat.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, beating until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Drop about a Tablespoon of batter onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place on a wire racks to cool completely.
- Eat them yourself, or feed to a cute doggy that thinks it's people.
|This is a Lisa Friendly recipe!|