Lard of the Dance begins when a new girl named Alex Whitney (voiced by Lisa Kudrow) arrives at Springfield Elementary. Lisa accepts the thankless task of showing her around. Alex acts very grown up with her perfume, cell phone, and iced tea. Instead of organizing the annual Apple Pick, Lisa takes Alex's advice and organizes a school dance instead.
|Your name's Lisa? Shut up, I love that name!|
Then due to Homer and Bart's antics, snowflakes of grease start falling from the vents, and all the kids have a grease "snowball" fight.
This recipe for homemade Pepsi is the first of a few Marge recipes I have lined up. It's easy to make, once you've gathered all the ingredients. More than a few are kind of weird, so I've included links to where you can easily buy them.
Feel free to experiment with the ratios of syrup, caramel coloring, and club soda. If you like your Pepsi thick, just use more syrup and less club soda.
Marge's Homemade Pepsi
Makes about a 1/2 gallon
For the caramel color:
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup water, boiling
For the cola syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Zest of 1 large orange
- Zest of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons culinary lavender
- 1 whole star anise (with at least 5 sections)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid
- 2 liters Club Soda
- Make the caramel coloring first: In a small saucepan, mix together sugar and water over low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar, and continue to boil until the mixture becomes very dark, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add boiling water, a little at a time, stirring until the caramelized sugar is completely dissolved.
- Set aside, and allow to cool completely.
- To make the cola syrup: Place all ingredients (except the club soda) in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Line a sieve with 2 layers of cheesecloth, or a coffee filter.
- Pour the mixture through the cheesecloth (or coffee filter)-lined sieve, and strain out the solids.
- Gather the corners of the cheesecloth (or coffee filter), and squeeze out any extra liquid from the solids. Be careful, it's hot!
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a glass filled with ice, add 4oz cola syrup, 2 Tablespoons caramel coloring, and 8oz of club soda.
- Every Simpson dance now!
|This is a Lisa -Friendly recipe|